The Gordon B. Lankton Community Scholarship
Museum founder Gordon B. Lankton established his landmark museum with the goal of giving back to the community, and also to introduce the town of Clinton to the world. In the spirit of his generosity, the Icon Museum and Study Center offers an annual $1,000 scholarship to a Clinton High School senior in good academic standing who is also actively involved in Clinton’s community activities. The submission deadline for applications is May 1 each year.
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Intending to pursue a degree in Arts and Humanities or humanistic Social Sciences
- Active in the Clinton community
- Completed Application Form
- Completed Essay
- Two letters of Recommendation
- Copy of Official Transcript
Letters of recommendation should speak to the student’s involvement in a school organization, a faith-based organization, or other community organizations and activities, and the positive impacts the students have made through their involvement.