The Icon Museum and Study Center presents a fascinating combination of history, art, culture, and religion under one roof. Tours for groups of 10 or more are led by highly trained docents and can be tailored to specific interests.
Please click the link below to schedule the tour at least two weeks in advance. You should plan to spend an hour or more exploring the Museum, though many visitors stay much longer.
- Adult groups (18+): $12 per person
- Senior groups (65+): $10 per person
- School groups: $5 per student for a tour, $10 per student for tour + art activity
- K-12 teachers and chaperones: free up to the required ratio (see below)
chaperones beyond the required ratio will pay the group rate
- 1 adult chaperone for every 8 visitors in grades K–5
- 1 adult chaperone for every 10 visitors in grades 6–12
Please note that admission discounts are not applicable to scheduled group tour rates.
The Museum is a fascinating place for teachers and students to explore. It offers discussion-based tours that engage students of all ages. The study of Eastern Christian culture yields rich connections to various curriculum areas, including history and social studies, art and art history, and English Language Arts. We can customize your classroom visit to meet your instructional goals and curriculum needs. The Museum is also homeschool-friendly and encourages collaborative learning.
Simply submit the form below and a staff member will contact you with 48 business hours.
Guidelines for K-12 Groups:
Duration of Visit
Most programs begin with an interactive and customizable 45-minute tour of the collection that covers icons’ history, function, and symbolism. Depending on the age of the students, an additional 30-45 minutes is needed to complete the art activity.
Reservations must be made at least two weeks in advance. Please click the button at the bottom of this page to reserve your date.
- Tour only: $5 per student. Teachers and chaperones are free.
- Tour and art activity: $10 per student. Teachers and chaperones are free.
- Tours and activities can be customized to meet specific learning goals. Pricing varies depending on the complexity of the program.
Payment is required by the date of the program. An invoice is provided once the reservation is confirmed.
Students are divided into groups of no more than 12 students per docent. One adult chaperone for every 8 students in grades K–51 and one adult chaperone for every 10 students in grades 6–12.
There is a small area with tables on the Museum’s lower level where groups can eat a brown-bag lunch before or after their tour. Refrigeration is available upon request. Please note that the café is NOT a nut-free facility.